Manage episode 304125857 series 2796551
Av Big Podcast oppdaget av Player FM og vårt samfunn — opphavsrett er eid av utgiveren, ikke Plaer FM, og lyd streames direkte fra deres servere. Trykk på Abonner knappen for å spore oppdateringer i Player FM, eller lim inn feed URLen til andre podcast apper.
For the last few years, I've been recording in a room full of foam and blankets. The results were good, but not great. I wanted something better, so I just installed some new panels based on a DIY panel design by Marcus dePaula. This episode is the first I recorded with the new setup. It's a conversation with Marcus about how you can sound your best with the space you have, regardless of whether you record in a spare bedroom, a closet, or a temporary location. Topics:
- "Room within a room"
- Recording with a monitor – what you need to know
- Setting up a portable studio that sounds great
- Recording in your house? This is the best place to do it...
- Why books are a great thing to have in your studio
- Packing blankets
- Bedroom vs. Closet
- What you need to know about ceiling panels (clouds)
- Studio Comfort vs. Function
- What is good enough?