Manage episode 325243697 series 1051804
Guests: Josh Shilts, CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA Mark Dietrich, CPA/ABV
Healthcare valuation requires an in-depth knowledge of specialized machinery, complicated coding and billing protocols as well as a highly regulated environment. Professionals who provide valuation services in this area also need to be understand how to identify and value intangible assets that can often hold the majority of a healthcare practice’s value.
Josh and guest Mark Dietrich discuss:
- A brief history of healthcare valuation
- Development of the concept of personal goodwill
- The importance of specialization in the valuation profession
The podcast will also discuss some important issues to consider such as:
- Risk and cost of capital for different types of medical practices
- Compensation vs. profit for distribution
- Capitalization of cash flow vs discounted cash flow
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Forensic and Valuation Services Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing forensics, valuation, fraud, fair value and damages and by the CFF Credential and ABV Credential programs which allow AICPA members to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/fvs to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe to our podcast channel! And leave us a review so we can continue bringing valuable and relevant content to you.