Manage episode 288129793 series 2615272
Yonder Alonso left the University of Miami an All-American, two-time participant in the College World Series, and first-round pick who’d go on to sign a $4.55 million contract with the Reds. Without some wise foresight and guidance from his parents, he might’ve left the school a week into his freshman year, or not even attended at all.
Alonso is the latest guest on From Phenom To The Farm. They talk...
- Baseball helping him adapt to life in America after defecting from Cuba as a child.
- Being persuaded by parents to attend Miami instead of sign.
- Playing in the College World Series twice
- Trying to learn the outfield while being blocked by Joey Votto at 1st.
- Playing in his only ASG in his hometown of Miami.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy