Manage episode 275445044 series 1531230
Gad Saad is a Lebanese-Canadian evolutionary psychologist at the John Molson School of Business who applies evolutionary psychology to marketing and consumer behaviour.
His latest book is The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense, and it explores the numerous idea pathogens permeating today’s social landscape, such as, but not limited to post-modernism.
We covered lots of ground in this rapid fire 30-minute conversation with Saad, including:
- How dangerous fringe ideas are permeating the mainstream
- The problem with Diversity and Inclusion programs
- Social media censorship and free speech absolutism
- Fake news
- Social justice politics at Google and Spotify
- Falsification theory
- The tyranny of the minority
- How the silent majority can stand up
- And, why rapper 50 Cent is, apparently, no longer black
This was a very important discussion about ideas that hold truth firmly in their crosshairs, and can have devastating consequences on how we work and live if kept unchecked. We can either bury our heads in the sand, or, we can listen, learn, and act, so with that I bring you the one and only, Gad Saad.
- The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense: https://amzn.to/3ovHsbl
- Website: com
- The Saad Truth on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLH7qUqM0PLieCVaHA7RegA
- Twitter: @GadSaad
- The Consuming Instinct https://amzn.to/37QzGTL
- The Evolutionary Biases of Consumption https://amzn.to/31M9WUm
Future Squared listeners can get 20% off and free shipping on all Manscaped products at MANSCAPED.COM, with code FUTURESQUARED. That’s 20% off at MANSCAPED.COM with code, FUTURESQUARED.
Listen to Future Squared on Apple Podcasts goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: steveglaveski.com