Manage episode 330259023 series 2794947
In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I am joined by Stuart Anderson, the Executive Director of the National Foundation for American Policy (NFAP), a nonprofit research organization that focuses on trade, immigration, and related issues. He specifically talks about some changes in the U.S. immigration policy as well as the most important changes needed to fix some of the most important problems today.
Stuart helped create AC21, which has impacted the lives of millions of immigrants, especially from China and India, to have more stability and security for their families so they can continue to add value to the United States and have more peace of mind. Aside from being a senior contributor to Forbes magazine, where he covers immigration news, Stuart also wrote the book Immigration (Greenwood Guides to Business and Economics).
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- About NFAP and what they do
- How the political alignment on immigration has shifted over the last three decades
- Additional legal changes in AC21
- The university and nonprofit cap exemption for H-1B
- Green card wait times for EB-2 and EB-3 visas in the China and India categories post-pandemic
- Why many Indian students are now choosing Canada over the United States
- The economic implications of a better immigration policy
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
National Foundation for American Policy
Immigration (Greenwood Guides to Business and Economics)
Regan’s final speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R8QxCD6ir8&t=2s
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.