Manage episode 319774589 series 3313667
Today's guest on Ledertips i Stephane Garelli. Garelli is a professor at both the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) and at the University of Lausanne. He was the Managing Director of the World Economic Forum and the annual meetings in Davos for 13 years, and is widely considered to be one of the top lecturers on economic and business matters.
In this episode:
- What is The World Economic Forum?
- What is the main benefit for a top executive to go to Davos?
- Why is it important to meet physically?
- Is it an arena for networking?
- For leaders who can't go to Davos, what other benefits can they have from The World Economic Forum?
- What has changed since the start of Davos?
- Why Davos and not Paris?
- The move to a more open society, and what does that mean for leaders?
- Is a more open world a better world? And should some things be allowed to be confidential in a company?