Manage episode 293991888 series 2666624
This week host Paul Dergarabedian is joined by Erik Davis, the Managing Editor for Fandango and one of the nation's leading movie commentators. Listen as Erik shares how social media has changed online movie commentary and how those changes affect writers and commentators like himself. Then stick around as Erik and Paul discuss the film industry’s “endless summer” including the top 5 most anticipated movies of the summer!
This episode covers:
- How social media has changed and shaped the movie commentary space
- What makes this Memorial Day Weekend the most pivotal in a long time
- Why people are saying the film industry is entering an “endless summer”
- The most underappreciated aspect of seeing movies in theaters
- The top 5 most anticipated movies of the summer
ABOUT THIS EPISODE'S GUESTS:
Erik Davis, Managing Editor for Fandango, is one of the nation's leading movie commentators, with over a decade of experience writing about movies for Fandango, Movies.com, Moviefone, Cinematical and others, as well as talking about movies on TV, YouTube and radio. Erik has appeared on The TODAY Show, CBS This Morning, CNN, MSNBC, New York Live, Good Day NY, Bloomberg TV, Fox Business, CNBC, PBS and more, and he has sat on the "Masters of the Web" panel at San Diego Comic-Con three times, as well as hosted panels at SXSW and inside Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con. Erik is also a proud voting member of the Critics Choice Association.
Don't forget to rate, review, and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.