Manage episode 286472070 series 2666624
This week host Paul Dergarabedian is joined by Jim Orr, the President of Domestic Theatrical Distribution for Universal Pictures, who has been at the forefront of film release innovation during the pandemic. Listen as Paul and Jim discuss the reopening of theaters across the country and what that means for the film industry. Then stick around as Jim shares what he thinks the state of theatrical releases will look like in the year to come.
This episode covers:
- The present complications of releasing movies
- Why marketing is vital for current releases
- How the film industry has proven to be adaptable
- Will film releases ever return to “normal”?
- The effects of the summer drive-in theater boom
- Why some films have been released while others continue to be postponed
ABOUT THIS EPISODE'S GUEST:
Jim Orr is President of Domestic Theatrical Distribution for Universal Pictures. Orr is responsible for the strategy and management of the studio’s North American theatrical film releases.
Don't forget to rate, review, and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.