Manage episode 279676803 series 2666624
Host Paul Dergarabedian is joined by B.Y. Randall, a journalist, editor, and screenwriter whose first novel, Fishing With Dynamite, has recently been published! Listen in as Paul and B.Y. Randall discuss his inspiration for his novel, the difference between writing a screenplay and a novel, and the importance of pursuing your creative ambitions even if they are outside of your comfort zone.
This episode covers:
- Transforming Fishing With Dynamite from a screenplay into a novel
- How writing a novel can be liberating for screenwriters
- The challenges of presenting a woman’s point of view as a male writer
- The importance of taking artistic and creative risks
- Getting an early career break by writing a CBS Schoolbreak Special
ABOUT THIS EPISODE'S GUEST:
B.Y. Randall has worked as a journalist, Senior Editor for Fade In magazine, and screenwriter. He is also the author of Fishing With Dynamite, his first novel.
Don't forget to rate, review, and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.