#440: "How Far" by Tasha Layton
Manage episode 343066607 series 2391880
It's a valid question -- the question Tasha Layton raises in her song "How Far." Is there something we can do, somewhere we can go, that can outrun God's love for us? Her answer? "However far away I am from home, that's how far Your love will go."
God's grace pursuing us is consistent with the entire story of Scripture. The reason we can sing along with this is that God has revealed this about Himself over and over again.
In this week's episode, I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture - this week's Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read and keep on reading
- The grand story of Scripture, also known as the metanarrative
- Proclaim Truth Women's Conference - October 20-22, 2022, Fort Worth, TX - Grab Your Ticket Here
- God's judgment and His grace that is never too far behind
How far is God willing to go? Until He gives His only Son to die a brutal death and rise again the third day that anyone who believes in Him might have eternal life.
More Than a Song Playlist
- Lyrics - NewReleaseToday.com
- The story behind the song" How Far" by Tasha Layton - NewReleaseToday.com Article
- What is a metanarrative? - GotQuestions.org Article
Even if you haven't read the whole of Scripture for yourself yet, take some time to meditate on what you do know of God's judgment and His grace that is never far behind. If you haven't surrendered to His love and God's call to repentance, don't wait. If you aren't currently studying in a specific place in Scripture, I encourage you to read an account of Christ's death, burial, resurrection, and ascension in one of