Manage episode 250296295 series 2289665
Pete Cameron is a Canadian shoe geek who works at Arc'teryx Footwear in Annecy, France. His title is Product Line Manager, which means he works with everyone designing and developing all of Arc'teryx' footwear.
Here are some of the topics we get into:
- What makes a shoe iconic?
- How does Arc'teryx prototype and user test a shoe?
- What's it like at the factories? Do they collaborate with Salomon (since they're both owned by Amer Sport)?
- Why are some shoes worse than the previous model?
- Why Vibram soles?
- How do you price a shoe?
Intro and outro with Patrick Stangbye. Skip to 12:20 to jump straight to the interview with Pete.
Ad: Arc'teryx Brand Store in Oslo
Arc'teryx are opening their brand new brand store in Oslo January 18th, so be sure to be there for the grand opening at 10:00. The 50 first people will get some really awesome goodie bags.
They also have a pretty cool contest going on Instagram. Check them out on IG here.
Help me keeping the lights on by donating a couple of bucks on my Patreon. In reward you get tons of extra and exclusive content. You won't be disappointed! Link: patreon.com/alvorpodcast
iTunes + ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Help others people to discover the podcast by giving it some stars in iTunes. It really helps! Thanks!
- +47 928 41 558
- NEDA på instagram (@naerdetalvor)
- NEDA på Facebook
- Hans Kristian på instagram (@hanserino)
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/nedaproject)