Manage episode 361041571 series 2514838
Patrick Menefee, who left his consulting job, shares how to become a successful real estate investor and coach. Patrick's journey began with a burning desire to achieve financial freedom without relying on parental funding. He started investing in real estate and gradually built partnerships to scale his business. He emphasizes the importance of negotiating deals with partners and dividing responsibilities and returns. However, Patrick soon realized that more than financial independence was needed to find fulfillment. He reinvented himself through coaching and mentorship, finding purpose in teaching others how to achieve their goals.
Get insights on how to find a more tangible version of your goals by tuning in!
[00:01 - 07:23] Opening Segment
- Welcoming Patrick to the show
- How Patrick Menefee left his job to become a full-time real estate investor
- He achieved financial independence but lost his purpose and reinvented himself
- He bought 20 doors and funded it with his own savings and equity investments
[07:24 - 13:14] From $4,000 to financial freedom: How Patrick Built a Real Estate Empire
- How strategic partnerships and reputation building can help scale a business
- Deals were structured differently depending on the partner, and negotiation was key
- The entrepreneurial drive can be both nature and nurture
- Financial independence was a milestone, not the end goal
- The importance of having a purpose and why it is important before leaving a job for entrepreneurship
[13:15 - 20:08] Discovering Your Purpose Beyond Materialistic Temptations
- The pursuit of money alone is not fulfilling
- Flipping houses provided income but lacked purpose
- A strong why or purpose is necessary for success and fulfillment
- Reinventing oneself requires healthy experimentation and trying new things
- Coaching others has revealed the everyday struggle of lacking a strong why or purpose
- The danger of being too comfortable and not having a strong pull toward something better
[20:09 - 24:45] Insights on Creating A Genuine "Why"
- Discussion on creating vs. uncovering the "why" in pursuing goals
- Importance of breaking down long-term goals into tangible, achievable milestones
- Emphasis on building habits and taking action now to achieve future success
[24:46 - 30:13] Closing Segment
- Best investment: a $4,000 deal
- Worst investment: buying an eight-unit back in 2019
- The most important lesson learned: Finding your "why" and purpose
"Healthy experimentation and shiny object syndrome aren't the same things." - Patrick Menefee
"Anything that you want that's going to be worthwhile to drive towards creating the life that you want is going to be difficult, or you've at least gotta be able to go through something difficult." - Patrick Menefee
"People need to have a strong enough 'why' to push through when things get hard, especially if they are comfortable. Without a purpose or fulfillment, chasing money alone is not enough to sustain motivation and success." - Patrick Menefee
Connect with Patrick!
Invest passively in multiple commercial real estate assets such as apartments, self-storage, medical facilities, hotels, and more through https://www.passivewealthstrategy.com/crowdstreet/
Track your rental property's finances with Stessa, go to www.escapingwallstreet.com.
Join our Passive Investor Club to access passive commercial real estate investment opportunities.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or clicking here to listen to our previous episodes.