Manage episode 361500466 series 2514838
It doesn't matter if you have the best deal in the world if you don't have your network in place.
Today's guest is Tyler Cauble, a commercial real estate investor and broker based in Nashville. In this episode, they dive into the world of commercial real estate investing and discover how Tyler's vertically integrated commercial real estate firm focuses on office, retail, industrial, hospitality, and multi-family properties. Tune in today as we learn more about commercial real estate investing from one of the best in the business!
[00:01 - 05:51] Opening Segment
- Welcoming Tyler to the show
- Tyler's firm is vertically integrated and involved in a variety of projects
- Triple net leases have tenants cover common area maintenance, property taxes, and building insurance expenses
- Value can be found in triple net deals through development or finding undervalued properties with long-term leases.
[05:52 - 12:55] Navigating the Changing Landscape of Commercial Real Estate: Opportunities in Office Space
- Invest in existing shopping centers with the potential to increase NOI
- Generalization of death of office space is not accurate. It depends on asset class and location
- Micro office spaces for small companies are a good investment opportunity
- An increase in occupancy dramatically increases property value on a cap rate basis
- Refinancing to pull out capital may be impacted by current interest rates
[12:56 - 19:54] Interest Rates and Real Estate Investments in Nashville
- Interest rates have caused projects to be dropped and developers to back out of sales
- Triple-net and multi-family markets have been affected the most by interest rates
- Industrial space in Nashville has high demand due to its unique advantages
- Tennessee does not make up for no state income tax with high property taxes but through sales tax
[19:55 - 25:07] Lessons Learned from Raising Capital and Dealing with Setbacks
- Syndication and raising capital in commercial real estate are often overlooked or not talked about enough
- Going through larger raises means talking to more people and dealing with different personalities
[25:08 - 30:33] Closing Segment
- Best investment: joining GoBundance
- Worst investment: Tyler's first deal
- The most important lesson learned: just go out there and do it
"It doesn't matter if you have the most amazing deal in the world. If you don't know anybody to give you money, you can't do anything with it." - Tyler Cauble
"A lot of the value comes from just driving the NOI up, whether that's through increasing your rental rates or decreasing your operating expenses, essentially arbitraging it on a cap rate." - Tyler Cauble
"I think that the biggest thing when it comes to any kind of real estate is you've just got to do the first one. I know that it's intimidating. I know it's scary. There's so much where you just make these excuses and guess what? You're never going to learn how to truly do it until you do that first project." - Tyler Cauble
Connect with Tyler!
Invest passively in multiple commercial real estate assets such as apartments, self-storage, medical facilities, hotels, and more through https://www.passivewealthstrategy.com/crowdstreet/
Track your rental property's finances with Stessa. Go to www.escapingwallstreet.com.
Join our Passive Investor Club to access passive commercial real estate investment opportunities.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or clicking here to listen to our previous episodes.