Manage episode 300179225 series 2971372
In this interview, Nikki chats with horror actress, plus size model, and activist Lilith Fury about her experience with lipedema and fat bias and weight stigma when seeking medical help.
- How fat bias and weight stigma delayed her diagnosis and resulted in poor and even life threatening medical care
- What lipedema is and how this somewhat common condition is so poorly understood by the general public and medical community due to fat bias
- What it is like to live with lipedema and the mistreatment that larger bodied and fat people face on the internet, in medicine, and in day to day life
- Why Lilith seeks out companies that lack representation of fat people to partner with
- Lilith's work to normalize mobility aids, such as canes, and her work to increase representation in fashion and film
To connect with Lilith and learn more about her work:
Connect with Nikki + other links mention in the episode:
- Join her list for free workouts and fitness tips at naablevy.com/newsletter
- Follow her on instagram @naablevy
- Sign up for the FREE Science of Strength workshop with Nikki & Isabelle Barter
- Purchase Results Not Typical Podcast Merch
If you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes.
You can also support the podcast by sharing it with your friends or on social media.