Manage episode 350686214 series 2462973
Welcome to episode #859 of Six Pixels of Separation - The ThinkersOne Podcast.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation - The ThinkersOne Podcast - Episode #859. How does artificial intelligence affect the structure and dynamics of the global economy? What are the potential benefits and risks associated with artificial intelligence on the future of humanity? Joshua Gans is the co-author of the recently published book, Power and Prediction - The Disruptive Economics of Artificial Intelligence. He is also widely known as the co-author of Prediction Machines and over ten other books at the intersection of technology, disruption and economics. Joshua is a Professor of Strategic Management and holder of the Jeffrey S. Skoll Chair of Technical Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. He is also the Chief Economist at the Creative Destruction Lab and a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research. He is a leading expert in the field of economics, particularly in the areas of innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship. Along with book writing, he is a regular contributor to The New York Times, The Atlantic, and The Wall Street Journal. He has also done extensive work on entrepreneurship, the digital economy, and the management of intellectual property. Joshua is a recipient of the John Kenneth Galbraith Prize for his work on the economics of the digital economy and was recently named one of the world’s top 25 most influential economists by Bloomberg. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 47:06.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at Apple Podcasts.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- Check out ThinkersOne.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Joshua Gans.
- Power and Prediction - The Disruptive Economics of Artificial Intelligence.
- Prediction Machines.
- Rotman School of Management.
- Creative Destruction Lab.
- Follow Joshua on Twitter.
- Follow Joshua on LinkedIn.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.