How to Meditate If You Have No Time to Meditate | Jake Eagle and Michael Amster (Co-Interviewed by Dan’s Wife, Bianca!)
Manage episode 374188726 series 172966
The great meditation teacher Sebene Selassie said this about today’s guests: “I think their work is going to revolutionize mindfulness.”
The guests in question are Jake Eagle, a licensed mental health counselor, and Dr. Michael Amster, a physician with a specialty in pain management who is also a certified yoga and meditation teacher. Together, they’re out with a new book called The Power of Awe: Overcome Burnout & Anxiety, Ease Chronic Pain, Find Clarity & Purpose―In Less Than 1 Minute Per Day. In it, they lay out a simple technique for “microdosing mindfulness” that just about anybody can work into their daily lives.
Plus: Dan’s wife, Bianca, joins Dan as co-interviewer.
In this episode we talk about:
- How Jake and Michael stumbled upon this method (the story involves pancakes)
- Why Bianca has had trouble booting up a meditation habit (and why Jake says he’s “a terrible meditator”)
- Why people who have trouble sitting daily for extended periods might find that these microdoses are easier to work into their day
- How to do the A.W.E. Method
- The similarities and differences between A.W.E. and traditional mindfulness meditation
- Practical tips for trying out A.W.E. in everyday life, given how hard it is to form habits
- The early scientific evidence regarding the effectiveness of the A.W.E. Method
- And, finally, whether Bianca and Dan were convinced to try the method!
For tickets to TPH's live event in Boston on September 7: