Manage episode 295202986 series 57115
Today it’s great to have Tal Ben Shahar on the podcast. Tal is a Best-Selling Author & Leadership Expert. He taught two of the largest classes in Harvard University’s history. Today, he consults and lectures around the world to executives in multinational corporations, the general public, and at-risk populations. The topics he lectures on include leadership, happiness, education, innovation, ethics, self-esteem, resilience, goal setting, and mindfulness. His books have been translated into more than twenty-five languages. Tal is the founder of Happiness Studies Academy, an online program that provides the knowledge and the tools to generate happiness for individuals and school communities.
· Tal’s former career as a squash player
· How Tal ended up teaching happiness at Harvard
· Tal’s definition of happiness
· How deep learning affects our relationships
· How happiness impacts creativity
· Tal discusses various types of well-being
· How different cultures define happiness
· Is it possible to “achieve” happiness?
· How Tal's approach to happiness can lift up disadvantaged populations
· Why depression levels are skyrocketing
· The impact of social media on happiness
· Empathy vs. compassion
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-psychology-podcast/support