Manage episode 295492999 series 2394114
Today it’s great to have Annaka Harris on the podcast. Annaka is an author whose work touches on neuroscience, meditation, philosophy of mind, and consciousness. She is author of two books: Conscious: A Brief Guide to the Fundamental Mystery of the Mind and the children’s book I Wonder. Annaka is also a volunteer for InnerKids, teaching mindfulness meditation to children in schools.
· The hard problem of consciousness
· Why Annaka wrote Conscious
· Annaka discusses "panpsychism"
· How to think more creatively about consciousness
· The function of consciousness
· The experience of agnosia
· What consciousness has to do with free will
· Consciousness from an evolutionary perspective
· Annaka’s thoughts on the free will debate
· Annaka’s goals in writing I Wonder--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-psychology-podcast/support