The Public Health SPOTlight Podcast: stories, inspiration, and guidance to build your dream public health career
Don’t sell yourself short - you got this! A pep talk with Micaela, Tara, and Sujani
Manage episode 339475246 series 2914598
In this episode, Sujani is joined by Tara and Micaela to give a pep talk for all those who might be experiencing a slump in their education or career. They discuss how to overcome self doubt and the benefits of celebrating yourself.
- How every skill or experience can be valuable in a field as diverse as public health
- Tips on how to change your mindset to counter self doubt so you don’t sell yourself short
- Micaela and Tara’s personal experiences with imposter syndrome and how they have been able to deal with it
- How celebrating small wins and believing in yourself is important both personally and for the community and your peers
- Why you should apply for jobs even if you may not meet 100% of the requirements
- The role that self reflection plays in overcoming self doubt and taking the next step forward
- The importance of building a support network who are invested in you and want to see you thrive
- How career coaching can be useful for any public health profession
- Listen to the previous episode with public health career and life coach Marissa McKool
Other PH SPOT resources:
- Share ideas for the podcast: Fill out this form
- Never heard of a podcast before? Read this guide we put together to help you get set up.
- Be notified when new episodes come out, and receive hand-picked public health opportunities every week by joining the PH SPOT community.
- Contribute to the public health career blog: www.phspot.ca/contribute
- Upcoming course on infographics: phspot.ca/infographics
- Learn more about PH Spot's 6-week training program
Join The Public Health Career Club: the #1 hangout spot and community dedicated to building and growing your dream public health career.