Manage episode 347803527 series 1511410
The Rich Zeoli Show- Hour 3:
- While appearing on PBS’s Firing Line with Margaret Hoover, former Attorney General William Barr insisted that a government “deep state” does, in fact, exist.
- During a Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs hearing, Senator Josh Hawley questioned Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas about his department's work with “big tech” to suppress stories and social media posts the Biden Administration deemed “misinformation.” According to a report from The Intercept, which was cited by Hawley, the federal government pressured Facebook to suppress posts that question the origins of COVID-19, the prevalence of racial injustice, and the Biden Administration’s decision to withdraw from Afghanistan. Mayorkas conceded that his department meets with different tech companies but denied he has pushed for censorship.
- Richard Stern—Senior Policy Analyst in the Grover M. Hermann Center for the Federal Budget at The Heritage Foundation—joins The Rich Zeoli Show to discuss his latest editorial, “Lame-Duck Omnibus Would Double Down on Stagflation.” Stern warns that, “[Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi] has promised spending bills that would float an army of 87,000 additional IRS agents, leave our southern border open and lawless, fund abortions, promote Critical Race Theory and bankroll job-killing green energy programs.” Stern estimates that the average household has lost more than $13,000 via an “inflation tax” resulting from $7.5 trillion in pandemic spending.
- Happy Anniversary! It’s the 3 Year Anniversary of Rep. Eric Swalwell farting during an interview on MSNBC. How could the Zeoli Show not celebrate this special occasion?
- While appearing on Fox News, Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) said former President Donald Trump was right to suggest banning TikTok in the United States. Warner stated of TikTok users: “All of that data that your child is inputting and receiving is being stored somewhere in Beijing.”