Manage episode 347261225 series 1511410
The Rich Zeoli Show- Hour 1:
- The Pennsylvania House of Representatives has voted to impeach Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner—the vote was 107 to 85. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, it’s the first time in “nearly 30 years” the PA legislature has voted to remove an official from public office.
- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) was re-elected to serve as Senate Minority Leader despite Sen. Rick Scott’s (R-FL) expressed interest in the position. The internal Republican vote was 37 to 10, according to the New York Times.
- Is Michelle Obama planning a run for the presidency?
- On Tuesday night, Donald Trump announced his intention to run for president in 2024—surprisingly, many television networks declined to carry coverage of the event. The announcement is unlikely to clear the Republican field and candidates like Gov. Ron DeSantis, former Vice President Mike Pence, and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo are all still expected to challenge Trump for the Republican nomination.
- During his 60-minute speech announcing his run for president, former President Donald Trump condemned the Biden Administration for being more worried about climate change than a potential escalation of war between Ukraine-Russia that could lead to the use of nuclear weapons.