Manage episode 279247301 series 2782798
To discuss these worldwide trends, how to counter them, and how worried we should be about a populist rise in the UK, we are joined by three international experts:
- Anne Applebaum, author of Twilight of Democracy: The Failure of Politics and the Parting of Friends
- Rory Stewart, former Cabinet Minister and 2019 candidate for the Conservative Party leadership, now Senior Fellow at Yale University
- Professor Nadia Urbinati, author of Me the People: How Populism Transforms Democracy
- Chair: Professor Meg Russell, Director of the Constitution Unit.
- Anne Applebaum - How my old friends paved the way for Trump and Brexit
- Anne Applebaum - How to beat populists when facts don't matter
- Rory Stewart - What is wrong with us?
- Nadia Urbinati - Populism? It’s not fascism, and also democracies Are “Elastic”
- Nadia Urbinati - The pandemic hasn’t killed populism