Manage episode 308433427 series 3012967
CW: Academic bullying and abuse
This episode covers:
- Kartik’s love of running, books and sports
- How academia doesn’t appear to be people-focussed
- How researchers require training in mentoring to get the best out of people
- Suffering in silence
- Poor relationships with academic faculty
- Ineffective bullying/harassment management pathways through universities
- The need for emotional, psychological and financial support for graduate students
If you find this episode valuable, and have some spare change, please consider supporting the podcast!
- Kartik’s blog post on ‘Empowering early career researchers and improving culture in academia.’
- Kartik’s science communication blog
- MINDS conference for academic mental health
Mental health support: please contact your GP or use the appropriate support for your country at https://checkpointorg.com/global/
Interested in being interviewed? We’d love to hear from you. Please submit this brief form.
Sound: Mindset by Ketsa is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License, available through Free Music Archive.