Manage episode 303852311 series 2931064
In the past progressive tense, we talk about doing something when something else occurs. For example: "I was eating dinner when the President called me."
The President's call interrupts the first action.
1. I was watching TV when the power failed.
2. I was watching TV when the lights went out.
3. I was listening to the radio when the electricity failed.
4. I was reading a book when my phone rang.
5. She was walking her dog when her phone rang.
6. He was driving to the supermarket when his phone rang.
7. I was writing an email when my phone rang.
8. He was washing his car when his uncle arrived.
9. He was washing his truck when the police drove up.
10. John was fixing his bicycle when his sister came home.
11. We were sleeping when the volcano erupted.
12. They were watching the news when the volcano erupted.
13. The reporter was flying in a helicopter when the volcano erupted.
14. We were playing cards when the earthquake started.
15. I was recording this podcast when my grandson, George, said, "Read me a book!"
Intro & Outro Music: La Pompe Du Trompe by Shane Ivers - https://www.silvermansound.com