1: Creating Belief Systems That Work for You
Manage episode 353395443 series 3440709
Your beliefs create your world. On this episode of Women's Success Coach Podcast. I talk about belief systems, how they are formed, how they impact you, and how you can create belief systems that support you in achieving all that you want in your life.
What I Cover In This Episode:
- What are beliefs?
- Where your beliefs come from and why beliefs are not “T”ruth.
- How negativity bias impacts your beliefs and why it occurs.
- The dangers of not being self-aware of your beliefs.
- How beliefs impact the “lens” through which you see yourself and the world and what your Reticular Activating System is.
- How beliefs are reinforced by evidence and “perceived” evidence.
- Identifying if your beliefs are empowering or disempowering.
- A deeper dive into limiting beliefs and how to change them from where you are today, to where you want to be.
- Amazing examples of the power of beliefs and how they impact the results you get in your life.
Let’s take some action:
So, now that you know all of that information about beliefs, let’s put it into action. When you go through these questions I want you to really think about them and I want you to be really honest with yourself when you answer the questions.
- When you think of doing something you have been wanting to do but have not done so yet, what holds you back?
- What are the negative messages you are telling yourself about why you can’t do it, why you need to wait, and why it is not possible for you?
- What are you afraid of?
- Next, ask yourself, why do you believe those things? Where did your beliefs come from?
- Then challenge them. Are they 100% the truth, or do you think they are 100% true because you have been thinking them for so long or maybe because other people continue to reinforce them?
- Now, when you think of doing something you have been wanting to do but have not yet done, what do you want to be thinking? What do you want to believe is possible for you?
- When you look at the thought you came up with above, do you currently believe it? If so, and it feels good and empowering, go with it. Put it on sticky notes, make it your computer lock screen message, set alarms in your phone and have them remind you to read it and say it out loud.
- If not, use the ladder process for coming up with better thoughts and beliefs. Look at your current thought or belief and come up with a better thought
Do you worry too much, overthink, assume the worst-case scenarios, spend a lot of time focusing on negative things that have happened, or discredit positive things happening? If so, you are dealing with the human brain we have all been given and you are not alone. The good news is, you can change this and it may not take as long as you may think! you want a free resource that will help you examine your thinking patterns, and change those that are not serving you, grab my 5 Common Thought Distortions Guide HERE.
Let’s stay in touch: