Google Analytics 4: What You Need to Know Today [Chris Cheetham-West Interview]
Manage episode 349822854 series 85988
One of the core tools that most marketers use to measure their ROI, Google Analytics, is undergoing its first major revision in more than a decade.
From beginners to experts, learn what these changes mean to you and how you can best prepare for them in this interview with Google Analytics expert Chris Cheetham-West.
[06:28] Introduction of Podcast Guest, Chris Cheetham-West
[08:28] Chris's Marketing Journey
[11:02] How to Utilize Google Analytics 4
[15:58] Universal Analytics vs Google Analytics 4
[18:47] New Definition of Engaged Rate and Engaged Viewer
[22:09] Google Analytics 4 Integration for E-commerce
[25:04] Chris's Advice on How to Save Time Inside Google Analytics 4
[27:57] Making Better Decisions with Data
[30:39] Final Advice on Google Analytics 4
[32:10] Connect with Chris
- Google probably realized that, hey, people are using goals are not using it effectively enough. But everybody that has a website most likely have a goal. So now that's going to be more of a central part of Google to explore versus just like a small piece, it was in Universal Analytics.
- And it's one of those things where, after a few months, we're gonna realize that this is a better tool to use. And I'm getting to know my customer a little bit more.
- The message I want to say is like, there's always a faster way to get to the data that you're trying to find.
- Be intentional about looking at what's going on and making those changes. So make those decisions on a monthly basis, maybe even a weekly basis to optimize. So don't forget to optimize, not just look at the data, but optimize and see how you can get better.
- So those are all things that you want to consistently do weekly or monthly basis to make sure you're really getting the most out of the data? Because it gives you so much information. All you got to do is look at it and then take action.
- Right now is the time to play around with GA 4 so right now is like, look into events, if you're not able to use the advanced, you've ever used goals before looking to it, but the old analytics get used to these things that are going to change.
- In that case, just make sure you are playing around with it, spend an hour a week on it hour a day even just to get ready, and just to understand it, so that way, you can be ready for the change.
- Chris' Website: https://chrisnwest.com/
- Connect with Chris on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/speakerchrisnwest/
Register here: https://nealschaffer.com/digivizer-webinar
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/cmo
- Download My Free Ebooks Here: https://nealschaffer.com/freebies/
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer
- All My Podcast Show Notes: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com