Manage episode 333739436 series 2434626
Writer and historian Thomas Frank joins Fiction/Non/Fiction hosts V.V. Ganeshananthan and Whitney Terrell to discuss how the U.S. can move forward in the wake of the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade. Frank offers his perspective on what it would take for Democrats to win back control of states that have swung right in recent years. He also reads from his 2004 book What’s the Matter With Kansas?
To hear the full episode, subscribe through iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app (include the forward slashes when searching). You can also listen by streaming from the player below. Check out video versions of our interviews on the Fiction/Non/Fiction Instagram account, the Fiction/Non/Fiction YouTube Channel, and our show website: https://www.fnfpodcast.net/.
This podcast is produced by Anne Kniggendorf.
- What’s the Matter With Kansas?
- The People, No
- Listen, Liberal
- Rendezvous With Oblivion
- The Wrecking Crew
- Pity the Billionaire
- One Market Under God
- The Conquest of Cool
- The Baffler
- Anatole France
- Vladimir Nabokov
- An Inquiry Into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, by Adam Smith
- More than 1 million voters switch to GOP in warning for Dems - The Washington Post
- The Unpopular Tale of Populism: Thomas Frank on the Real History of an American Mass Movement Season 3, Episode 22 of the Fiction/Non/Fiction podcast
- The Return of Socialism in America? Dana Goldstein and Thomas Frank on Season 1, Episode 17 of the Fiction/Non/Fiction podcast
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices