Forensic Data Analytics - Part 2
Manage episode 330976240 series 1051804
Guest(s): Lynda H. Schwartz CPA CFF CFE CGMA, Lynda Schwartz LLC Vincent Walden, CPA CFE, Alvarez & Marsal Doug Aguilera, CPA CFF CFE CGMA, Aguilera & Associates
In this informative two-part podcast series, we discuss a Data Analysis topic from Understanding the Forensic Technology Landscape: A reference guide for practitioners. These experienced forensic accountants discuss:
- Various cases where data analytics is used by the accounting and legal profession
- Deployment of data analysis tools and in investigations, litigation, and proactive fraud prevention controls
- Trends in forensic data analysis
- Why database analysis is a core focus of forensic accountants and anti-fraud professionals
- Application of a variety of database analysis tools in a variety of circumstances, and some of the challenges
- Considerations when working with “big data”
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Forensic and Valuation Services Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing forensics, valuation, fraud, fair value and damages and by the CFF Credential and ABV Credential programs which allow AICPA members to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/fvs to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe to our podcast channel! And leave us a review so we can continue bringing valuable and relevant content to you.