Manage episode 338674517 series 3313667
When working in cross functional teams combining design, technology and a human centered viewpoint, true magic happens. Today's guest is a pioneer in this field. She was the creative director of the 2000 Sydney Olympics, she holds multiple patents and co-founded the highly successful DMZ incubator at Ryerson University in Canada. Valerie Fox has even been called Canada's Queen of Innovation, and she is our guest for this episode.
- How was it to start working at the tech juggernaut IBM in the early 90s as a designer?
- How did she become the creative director of the Sydney Olympics?
- She tells the story of how she came up with the idea of the iPad before there was an iPad, and scored multiple patents for it.
- What effect did sci-fi have on her career?
- What advice does she has for designers of today?
Valerie's company The Pivotal Point