Manage episode 364284537 series 2857622
In this episode, Dallon Schultz discusses his journey into real estate investing and how he started one of his most significant real estate investing meetups. He shares the mistakes and lessons he learned from building and running the event and also reveals how he got Robert Kiyosaki to attend one of their events. Additionally, Dallon offers excellent tips on what it takes to run a successful meetup and financial advice on charging for tickets and arranging sponsorships. He also explains why charging for tickets helps attract more experienced people who understand the value of attending such an event.
Tune in to this insightful episode to learn more about how to build a successful real estate meetup from scratch and benefit from Dallon's wise investments!
[00:01 - 07:28] Opening Segment
- Dallon Schultz talks about how he built a local real estate investing meetup that became the biggest in his state
- The implications of having Robert Kiyosaki as an attendee
[07:29 - 15:29] How Rev Used a Meetup to Grow Their Network and Increase Attendee Quality
- Dallon invited guest speakers to the event to provide more benefits and exposure
- Moving the venue to a more excellent restaurant and charging $10 per ticket
- These increased attendance and quality of attendees
[15:30 - 24:48] Robert Kiyosaki's Inspiring Visit to a Real Estate Meetup
- Dallon shares when Robert Kiyosaki visited one of his events
- The meetup was started to provide value and get around people who thought similarly
[24:49 - 34:13] Closing Segment
- Best investment: development deal that was sold for more than twice the cost in 14 months
- Worst investment: house flip that took 4-6 months and broke even
- The most important lesson learned: building your network
"I prefer live events. Even though I wouldn't consider myself an extrovert, I enjoy networking events and connecting with like-minded people." - Dallon Schultz
"If people don't see the value in your events, then they're probably not the ones you want there in the first place." - Dallon Schultz
Connect with Dallon!
Invest passively in multiple commercial real estate assets such as apartments, self-storage, medical facilities, hotels, and more through https://www.passivewealthstrategy.com/crowdstreet/
Track your rental property's finances with Stessa. Go to www.escapingwallstreet.com.
Join our Passive Investor Club to access passive commercial real estate investment opportunities.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or clicking here to listen to our previous episodes.