Manage episode 364887458 series 2857622
Do you want to have a deeper understanding of multifamily insurance rates? If so, then this episode is for you!
J.T. Lynch is an industry veteran and leader in multifamily real estate insurance. In this episode, he discusses why insurance premiums have been rising in many Gulf States and other areas and principles for mitigating risk when investing in multifamily properties. Gain valuable insights into the issue of increasing insurance premiums for multifamily housings in Florida – what has caused a lack of competition and increased construction cost – and how to plan by understanding your policy, deductibles, and property age/location. Learn about different types of insurance, such as wind and hail coverage, flood zones, and umbrella policies, and discover why relationships are so meaningful in business and investing.
Get expert advice on handling multifamily real estate investments while minimizing risk through proper insurance planning by tuning in!
[00:01 - 06:58] Opening Segment
- Introducing J.T. to the show
- Insurance rates have been going up due to natural calamities
- Litigation laws in Florida make it easier for attorneys to get more out of each claim
[06:59 - 14:11] What Investors Need to Know When It Comes to High Insurance Rates
- Capitalism works, but lack of competition can lead to increased premiums
- The increased cost of construction and inflation are also contributing factors
- Insurance is an essential part of life and should not be overlooked
- Passive investors should check underwriting to make sure insurance rates are correct
[14:12 - 22:47] Understanding Your Insurance Policy: Avoiding Unforeseen Costs
- Location, age, and details of the property can make insurance challenging
- The importance of being aware of natural disasters in the area
- Be mindful of high-crime areas and increase security measures for tenants
- Lenders require flood insurance if you are in a 100-year flood zone
[22:48 - 28:01] Closing Segment
- Best investment: take time to find the right fit for a job
- Worst investment: an IRA due to losses last year
- The most important lesson learned: relationships are key
- Connect with J.T. through the links below
"Insurance is not the sexy thing to talk about, but a necessary evil for sure." - J.T. Lynch
Connect with J.T.!
Invest passively in multiple commercial real estate assets such as apartments, self-storage, medical facilities, hotels, and more through https://www.passivewealthstrategy.com/crowdstreet/
Track your rental property's finances with Stessa. Go to www.escapingwallstreet.com.
Join our Passive Investor Club to access passive commercial real estate investment opportunities.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or clicking here to listen to our previous episodes.