Manage episode 352661135 series 1355263
In this moving and humorous talk about using the stuff of life to get free, Ram Dass shares how we can celebrate spirit through service by merging our divinity with our humanity.
This episode of Here and Now is a continuation of the talk started in Episode 216 – From Psychedelics to Service
Today's podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp. Click to receive 10% off your first month with your own licensed professional therapist: betterhelp.com/ramdass
In this episode, Ram Dass talks about:
- Moving home to care for his elderly father and how that became a method for him
- Getting called away from a meditation retreat to help out his cancer-stricken stepmother
- Larry Brilliant and the founding of the Seva Foundation
- How the Seva Foundation put service into action on a very large scale
- The difference between the Sanskrit words Dharma and Seva
- The paradox of suffering
NEW Meditation Series: Pause, Breathe, Be Here Now with Ram Dass, Sharon Salzberg, Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach, Joseph Goldstein, John Lockley, Ram Dev, Trudy Goodman, Lama Tsultrim Allione—FREE January 16 to 25. Sit in true peace, love, and tranquility. Join thousands of people around the world for this collective meditation experience: onecommune.com/ramdass
Want to be part of the discussion about this episode of Here and Now? Join the Ram Dass Fellowship virtual meetup, sign up for the General Fellowship group here to receive more information.
“So you end up understanding that you serve in order to work on yourself, and you work on yourself in order to be a better instrument of service. And you can feel the circle work, you can just feel that circle work.” – Ram Dass