Manage episode 299145795 series 2931064
So many prepositions, so little time. Today let’s practice sentences with ON and IN.
- Nobody can live in New York on ten dollars a day.
- The generals planned their attack on Berlin.
- Did you see that new science fiction show on television? Not yet. Is it on Netflix too?
- There are a lot of good science podcasts on the BBC.
- If the company pays for our hotel rooms, we can say “the rooms are on the company.”
- The police arrested Jonas Smith on suspicion of murder.
- Sorry, I’m broke. I don’t have any money on me.
- Do you have any opinions on the subject of aliens visiting earth?
- Can you visit us on Tuesday?
- She was born on the 10th of July.
- I left my phone on the table but now it’s gone. Do you think the dog ate it?
- He was walking in the woods and scratched his arm on a branch.
- We both pushed as hard as we could on the door but it wouldn’t open.
- On your left you’ll see fishing boats in the harbor.
- The houses on my street are all painted blue or gray.
- He always bets on losing horses.
- Soon the tomatoes will be ripening on the vines.
- Mrs. Anderson had a small white dog sitting on her lap.
Now let’s practice with in.
- Maria, you're my best friend in the world. You're one in a million.
- Joan is in my French class.
- There are nine eggs left in the egg carton.
- Does she live in the country? No, in a large city.
- When Martin reached the airport, his plane was already in the air.
- Covid has reached a very high level in certain parts of our country.
- I’ll be able to finish my homework in a few hours.
- I promise I’ll call you in a few days.
- He stopped outside the candy store and looked at the chocolates in the window.
- The knives, forks, and spoons are in the silverware drawer.
- Some people prefer to be paid in cash and not by check. Personally I like direct deposit.
- He writes fluently in German, but he speaks it poorly.
- After the terrible car accident, the old man was in a coma. He never regained consciousness and after a few days he died.
- Polly has a terrible temper, but she’s met her match in George. He loves to yell and scream. What a pair!
Intro & Outro Music: La Pompe Du Trompe by Shane Ivers - https://www.silvermansound.com