Manage episode 300179228 series 2971372
In this bonus episode of Results Not Typical, Nikki and Pilates teacher Allison Skewes unpack why Gwyneth Paltrow's latest commentary about her quarantine diet was so problematic and the social implications of a New York Times article about a new weight loss drug.
- Why we shouldn't normalize socially acceptable and celebrated examples of disordered eating
- Why you shouldn't fear carbs and why it's important to consider diet on an individual and nuanced level and not look to celebrities or pop culture for advice
- The classism and racist underpinnings in demonizing foods - particularly if they are more affordable
- Why a weight loss pill isn't a solution for weight bias
- Why the medical establishment needs to better education on weight bias, so people are properly tested and treated for health conditions regardless of their size
To connect with Allison and learn more about her work:
Connect with Nikki:
- Join her list for free workouts and fitness tips at naablevy.com/newsletter
- Follow her on instagram @naablevy
Finally, if you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes.