Manage episode 367234419 series 172966
If you want to opt out of diet culture, then what should you actually eat?
Today’s guest is endeavoring to answer this question. Rachel Hartley is a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and the author of a book called Gentle Nutrition: A Non-Diet Approach to Healthy Eating.
In this episode we talk about:
- The basics of intuitive eating
- Her thoughts on whether or not we should weigh ourselves
- Whether or not adopting intuitive eating means living with your face in a cookie jar forever
- How her work has influenced her own body image
- The eight guidelines of gentle nutrition
- Her provocative contention that “the healthiest choice isn’t always the most nutritious choice”
- Her take on some of the critiques of intuitive eating
- Her thoughts on trendy new weight loss drugs like Ozempic
For tickets to TPH's live event in Boston on September 7: