Manage episode 360624700 series 172966
You may have heard our interview with Sharon Salzberg earlier this week where we talked about openness, not believing the stories you tell yourself, and why the most powerful tools often seem the most stupid at first. I’m a big fan of hers and everything she does, so we wanted to give you a special preview of her new book, Real Life: The Journey from Isolation to Openness and Freedom.
In Real Life, Sharon sets a path out for us, merging the insights of inspiring voices with her own teachings to:
• Uncover a deeper sense of ourselves
• Expand our vision of what’s possible for ourselves
• Align our words, hearts, and actions with our core values
• Navigate loss without getting stuck in bitterness or disconnect
• Carry a sense of community with us, even in stormy times
• Recover from the emotional effects of crisis
• Learn the art of letting go and beginning again
• Build emotional intelligence to face times of difficulty without fear
• Seek out joy in everyday life, even when things don’t go our way
• Befriend ourselves on the journey of being human
Embark on the journey to embody a life of curiosity, authenticity, and freedom.
So enjoy this excerpt from her book, Real Life.